The International Institute of Metropolitan Detroit in collaboration with the Chaldean Community Foundation is offering a free citizenship workshop on Saturday, the 6th of December 2014 from 9:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Chaldean Community Foundation office, 4171 15 Mile Road, Sterling Heights MI 48310. Please see map here.
Participants will need to bring the following documents:
• Your Permanent Resident Card (“Green Card”)
• Two passport photos (2” x 2”) of yourself.
• Your driver’s license or state ID card
• Your Social Security number
• If you are married to a U.S. citizen, his/her birth certificate and/or certificate of naturalization if married for less than five years
• All marriage certificates and divorce records
• Your children’s birth certificates if they are also permanent residents
• List of residences for the past five years
• List of employers/schools for the past five years
• A list of every trip you have taken outside the U.S. (including trips to Canada and Mexico)
• Check or money order for $680, payable to the Department of Homeland Security, OR you may qualify for a fee waiver.